Tuesday 22 November 2011

Pillowcases for Friends

Good Evening All

I have watched the videos for making pillowcases quite a few times but never had the nerve to make one on my own.  Not sure if I mentioned this before - I HATE sewing but LOVE to quilt.  Making pillowcases is sewing to me.  So I always shed away from it.  But then I was able to watch a friend make two at a retreat I went on recently.  You should check out Rhonda's Retreats.  They are great.  She is the best hostess.

A friend from an on-line swap requested pillowcases.  I thought that this would be a good time to try to make some.  And I bought the cutest fabric for the pillowcases at a quilting store on the same retreat.  It was a great experience, now I want to make more.  I think the next one that I will make will be for my little guy.   He's always asking me to make him something when we go to the quilting stores.

Here are the ones that I made:


This last one says "Quilters share a Common Thread".  I love it.  Now I wish I purchased more fabric to make one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment